Dr. Stacey Richards ND
What is the Clinician Mentorship Program?
This unique program is an opportunity for recent graduates and naturopathic medical students to join Dr. Richards in Edmonton, Alberta, for shadowing, case reviews, and business mentorship.
You will learn Dr. Richard’s SMRT Methodology and upon completion may be invited to join the clinic for an internship position.
- Summer programs are available for naturopathic medical students entering their 4th year of school.
- Year-long programs are available for recent graduates of an accredited naturopathic medical school.
The Clinician Mentorship is a structured program to improve your clinical skills, business readiness, and most importantly—patient outcomes.
- 4th year or recent graduate of an accredited naturopathic medical school
- Interest in practicing in Alberta
- Willingness to be hands-on in the clinic, including IV and injection skills
- Particular interest in stress and how stress impacts disease
- Openness to learn new ways of doing things for the best patient outcomes!
What to Expect
This mentorship program is carefully designed to teach you the 3 essential pillars for success in practice.
Pillar 1: Clinic
Learn the business foundations of running a clinic:
- Choosing the right work environment
- How to handle challenging patients
- How to build good clinician patient relationships
- How to build a good team
- Supplements and dispensary best practice
- Self-image when interacting with patients
Pillar 2: Clinician
Learn the SMRT Methodology for patient success:
- Clinician confidence
- Systems for successful practice
- Patient retention
- Connecting with patients
- Overcoming the fear of selling
- IV & injection skills
Pillar 3: Completion
Decide on your best next step:
- How to start on your own
- Option to stay for internship
- Pros and cons of specializing
- How to build your practice faster
Hi, I’m Dr. Richards ND.
I’ve spent the last 15 years building Edmonton, Alberta’s most comprehensive clinic for medical and wellness needs. There are so many things about running a clinic and being a successful clinician that I wish I had known when I first started—and look forward to sharing with you.
The goal of this mentorship program is to prepare you with skills (that you cannot learn in school) that will set you up for success.
How to Apply
To make sure we are a good fit, please complete this simple application process.
Complete an Application
Click the button below to complete a brief online application.
Send a Cover Letter & Resume
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email to request you send a cover letter and resume.
Book an Interview
If we believe you might be a good fit for the mentorship, you will receive an invitation to book an interview with Dr. Richards.